We LOVE Recruitment Season!
We have set the criteria below as a guide for interested applicants:
- All applications are accepted through ERAS.
- Applicants must have graduated from medical school within two years of the date your application is received at Smoky Hill.
- Applicants must have passed the USMLE Step 1 and 2 exam, or the COMLEX.
- Applicants must have U.S. citizenship, a permanent Visa or a J-1 Visa.
- Non-US citizens trained in a foreign medical school must be certified by ECFMG.
- All applicants must be able to be licensed in the state of Kansas. To verify your ability to obtain a Kansas medical license, please contact the Kansas Board of Healing Arts at 785-296-7413.
Here’s how it works:
- We receive around 1,200 applications each year. We interview about 35 applicants to fill our 5 positions for the following year.
- We strive to find aspiring family physicians who align with our mission to serve rural Kansas. While some ties to Kansas are helpful, they are not a requirement for consideration.
- All applications are carefully considered. Upon approval, applicants are contacted by our Program Manager to schedule an interview.
Planning your interview day:
- We conduct interviews on selected dates from November through January. Applicants have the option to interview in-person or virtually.
- We typically schedule 2-3 applicants on each interview day.
- The night before your in-person interview, we provide hotel accommodations and an informal dinner with residents at a local restaurant. This is a great opportunity to ask questions, meet the residents, and get to know our community. For virtual applicants, we provide a complimentary gift basket and additional time to meet with the residents during your interview day.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Residency Program Manager
Smoky Hill Family Medicine Residency Program
651 E. Prescott Road
Salina, KS 67401
firstname.lastname@example.org • 785-825-7251